A fine savour on simple pleasures

My aim is to reduce the tension in my mind by sharing my thoughts and experiences in the things that I love; which I could not express openly due to circumstances. Be it in doing stupid things, experimenting on new recipes, failings in research work, writings..just some doodle ranting stuff

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Manga review: 07 Ghost

An interesting piece of manga I found few weeks ago known as '07 Ghost' with 60 eps to date (I only able to reach 42 currently). All this while, I never bothered to read it until it's up on Mangafox's hot pick of the week. Don't blame me, there're thousands of mangas out there, its like getting the needle from a gigantic pile of haystack *chuckles* and the review was too simple, it didn't ignite any interest at me at first.

To me, the main characters as well as the plot were extremely well written. The characters' individual personalities has been impressively expressed through the course of the story. The drawings/illustrations were thorough and detailed. The way the story was told is also perfect to catch the heart of readers. I never found any background columns left blank. The downside is, if the readers didn't truly immerse themselves in the plot, they'll be easily lost because it was really complex and thrilling (to me of course). Another thing is, when there's action, the drawings became too crammed with lotsa details, so I'm a bit lost again *laughing*. Anyway, I truly recommend this great manga to all, I think adults would like this more then small kids because its kinda deep and touching laced with actions, emotions and the sense of finding oneself through searching for true happiness. You'll get what I said when you read it. Please do, this manga totally deserves everyone's attention.

Title: 07 Ghost
Status: Ongoing
Nationality: Japanese
Genre: Action, anime, fantasy, josei, supernatural
Source: onemanga


Main character: Teito Klein


The bad guys from the military team, The blackhawks, able to manipulate Wars and Warsfiel (they're gorgeous!!)


Everything starts with Teito Klein, the main character (I think he's about 14 or 15), the son of a king from a previous nation being conquered by the current country, Bursburg empire, turned amnisiac slave (Due to seals, his memories were blocked). He was ordered to enter a military academy and topped up to 1st rank due to his excellent brain and brawn. When he found out the truth about his parents he ran and was saved by the church. In this story, the king and the pope holds equal power in the nation. Hence, the church is an ideal place for refuge to everyone without descrimination.

The religion in this region based on the concept of 07-ghost, 7 gods descended from heaven to protect the seals on Verloren, the evil god who has been exiled to earth, separated its strength from its body, at which the strength is sealed in the 'eye of mikhail', owned by teito currently, as the heir of the Raggs kingdom. So, Teito seek refuge in the church, obtained his position as the apprentice bishop to Frau who holds one of the power of the 7 ghost before embarking a journey to find himself and to seek the truth behind the fake history written in books. *chuckles* It's interesting right?

In this world everyone has an energy called 'Ziphon' which can attack, heal or manipulate, depending on the person's personality. To top it off, there're evil henchmen of Verloren called Wars, attacking innocents. An A-class action packed manga which can satisfy your hunger. I guarantee you.


Part of the plot when Teito meets a mama dragon haha

Rating: 9/10

I didn't give full mark coz the update is rather slow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...