A fine savour on simple pleasures

My aim is to reduce the tension in my mind by sharing my thoughts and experiences in the things that I love; which I could not express openly due to circumstances. Be it in doing stupid things, experimenting on new recipes, failings in research work, writings..just some doodle ranting stuff

Friday, February 18, 2011

After 15day CNY report XD

A steamboat consists of a hotpot of chicken soup with goodies inside..yummy!


It's CNY!! and I'm already back from my hometown since Sat and on my way home, this pathetic me stopped by at the laboratory I'm working in and started to do some work like a dog for 2 whole hours (this is after a 5hour drive trip).

What we did prior to returning from hometown was making-our-own-hamper session for my family..all the goodies thats not healthy but with reminiscing moments are add in..love letters, plums, herb candies, butter cookies, seaweed snacks..and the list goes on and on lol

The things bought from Grand Union..cannot stand la going there..all jajan wanna buy one..crazy haa.. XDXD

Tadddaahh! Hamper done, after 1 hour!

I did havta spend alot, considering I'm married T___T we havta give angpows to all my family members..nonetheless, looking at their expressions while receiving the 'bounty' or 'falling durians' was priceless XD

The best part about CNY is that I manage to eat steamboat! Lotsa lovely seafood and veges (yum2!!), the all favourite bangkuang chaa (stirfry shredded turnips with carrots in bean paste) and sour veges yummmmmmy!!! And of course I know how to make all of em and will one day post em up here sometime later haha..


Table setting for our all-day-eat-till-you-drop makan2 marathon :)


We got all kinds of marines, balls, chickens, noodles..you name it!

And lastly..mi mama...(God bless her!) she bought me a present! Its a sewing mechine~<3 a real functional sewing mechine Brother XL-2630 (jumping up and down!) Am sooo soooo sooooo happy! Actually I dunno how to sew, and I've been given a crash course on sewing for 1 day nonstop @____@ I think my head spin2 as I tried really hard to absorb all the facts and memorize all the basic functions.


Awww...my new baby.. :) You can see the specs here.

Hence, I made a cute purple tutu for our house's pet, Bellgy..a Belgian breed. She's so docile and cute wearing the ornament. I need quite a length of cloth to do all the gatherings.. it was quite tiring I dare say.. haha..



Awww...shoooo cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...