Veges..veges all the way..another entry about a delicious vege that we usually use to scrub our bodies during shower nyaaau~XD Loofah is oso my favourite, well, only when mi mama cooked it for me when im a lil toddler :) She usually will use an accompaniment of glass noodles (tanghoon) and dried shrimp yum2..
Tanghoon is a wee bit diff from from meehoon and korean glass noodle..these three are made of 3 diff ingredients..wheat flour, rice flour, and sweet potato flour..when you cook tanghoon and korean glass noodle, it'll become transparent, unlike meehoon where it'll became opaque huhu
We can make this done within 10 mins ait? :)
a handful of tanghoon (soak in water until soft, estimated time about 10-15mins)
1.5 tbs dried shrimp (wash n soak in water like above)
1 long nice looking loofah..make sure to pick d sturdy one, if soft its a no-no
2 cloves garlic
2-4 cups water (depending on how watery you want it to be)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel off the hard part of the loofah skin, not nessasarily havta skin off everything yer know. Cut it diagonally.
2. Pour the oil in the wok and stir fry the chopped garlic till fragrant at medium fire.
3. Drain the dried prawns and add in to the fragrant garlic. Stir fry sumore nicely..it'll smell oh so good at this point hoho
4. Add the loofah pieces and drained tanghoon. Put in 2-3 cups water depending on the level of soup you'd like to have. Simmer like 5-7 mins :)
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Use yer chillies as garnish :)
p/s: you can add the chillies earlier if you want to make it a wee bit hot huhu..before the 5 min simmering ho