A fine savour on simple pleasures

My aim is to reduce the tension in my mind by sharing my thoughts and experiences in the things that I love; which I could not express openly due to circumstances. Be it in doing stupid things, experimenting on new recipes, failings in research work, writings..just some doodle ranting stuff

Monday, January 16, 2012

Crumble egg cucumber salad with crispy lettuce and vegeroni, easy n yummy !



The next entry will be about this delicious yet simple bowl of salad which is really really good :) I was tossing and turning in bed in the morning, thinking what to make for breakfast. I don't have bread, no noodles, no spaghetti, juz made fritters the other day, no milk for waffles..cannot tahan nuggets or fries..aiyo! Pening!

And then I retuned my thinking and started to list out the things that I have in the kitchen. I got an extra unpeeled hard boiled egg from last time's nasi lemak, some leftover leafy lettuce (its the garden bowl lettuce, although I adore romaine and iceberg, its quite expensive), some leftover vegeroni, leftover cucumber (juz a tiny bit)..walah! This calls for a nice hearty bowl of salad for breakfast!

Ingredients (for 2 healthy tummies or for sides of 4)

(Whatever you have :))
4-5 leaves of lettuce - soaked in cold water to achieve extra crispiness
1/2 c dried pasta/vegeroni - boiled for 8 -10 mins with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil
1 boiled egg
1/4 cucumbers (cut and chilled)
4 pieces of fried nuggets
1 bulb of big onion
some olive oil
a wee bit of salt
1/2 c cheesy delight cheese powder - dissolved in mild hot water of +-1 c until smooth (make it a wee watery)



Methods

1. Deshelled your egg and mash em or cut em to tiny pieces. I use an egg cutter, cut em in 2 opposite direction in 10 sec!

2. Cubed your fried nuggets on dry board

3. Lightly stirfry the julienned big onion with olive oil until fragrant, then toss in the vegeroni (w/o the water plz)

4. Use a colander to drain our lettuce and cucumbers. Cut them to bite size. Place em in a bowl.

5. Add in crumble egg, the sauteed onion-vegeroni combo (with leftover olive oil), and the nuggets (you can omit the nuggets if you want, similarly can replace with bacon or croutons, up to you basically)

6. Toss everything togather or mix em well. Lastly add in yer liquid cheese powder and stir up abit!

Err..obviously you could see some clumps of the unmelted cheese solid haha..malulah..

Its done in 20 mins if you can simultaneously ready ur egg, vegeroni and nugget on the stove while preparing the other ingredients (wink!)

My hubby loves it so much until he savoured the breakfast too long and went late to work ^^|||

It's easy right? Try em out!

Really fulfilling with a cup of warm cocoa malt!..the pills aren't anything shady haha..its juz seaweed tablets to help my GIT XDXD really quite nice..huhu




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...