A fine savour on simple pleasures

My aim is to reduce the tension in my mind by sharing my thoughts and experiences in the things that I love; which I could not express openly due to circumstances. Be it in doing stupid things, experimenting on new recipes, failings in research work, writings..just some doodle ranting stuff

Monday, January 27, 2014

Recipe: Easy Basic Chocolate Cupcakes

yue's cupcake


I was browsing blogs for ideas on making homemade puree for my sweet lil princess, Hana..yes, she's yet to reach 6 months, but I already has given her solids..only pureed fruits added into breastmilk (I fully breastfed her btw), and make it very very fine and watery..this is because about 2-3 weeks ago she became increasingly hungry, until at 1 point, I can't ever latch her off from me..she sucked me dry nearly 20 hours/day..sigh..

Hence, my sis in law introduced me with a webbie on making homemade cerelac..and it turns out she also has many other recipes..i loved how simple they are..hence, she made this yummy looking raspberry cupcakes for her kid, so I myself salivated...I did not know where this cravings come from..sigh..

So, since no raspberries, no butter, it becomes no filling, no crumble haha

Hence, this is the recipe with a lil modification;
The original recipe is here

yield = 6 standard sized cupcakes (with a lil leftovers)
(can easily get more if add the raspberries I think..and go easy on the batter, since it will rise well)


Ingredients
1.5 c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder

3/4 c fine sugar
1/2 tsp salt

*1/3 vegetable oil
*1/3 whole milk
*1 nos egg

few tablet discs cooking chocolate (this one I used beryls, its coin shaped)
1 tsp cocoa powder (I used vanhouten)


Methodology
1. Preheat oven at 200C

2. Sieve the flour and baking powder togather

3. Mix vege oil, milk and egg in a 1cup measurement, if did not reach the said level, add a bit more milk.

4. Add bit by bit of the liquid mixture into the flour+baking powder combo and mix well.

5. Add the fine sugar and salt and mix well. Lastly I add a bit of cocoa powder and mix it sparingly..love the mixture of colours huhu

the texture of the batter


6. Fill in a cupcake mold halfway, add the cooking chocolate discs, then add a lil more till 3/4 full

7. bake for 20 mins or so and its ready!



Time for a verdict! (I am typing this while waiting for the cupcakes in the oven)

done!


...............

The surface is pleasantly crunchy, and the insides are soft..very well done..the choc discs melted and becomes the filling..I think next time I would've add more to make it more chocolatey..and its not that sweet to my tongue.. (well maybe because I was eating chocolate before haha)..however, the color swirls from the cocoa powder didn't show (shrug)..all in all, its a good balanced cupcake..easy! 5 mins preparation, 20 mins baking time!


Thumbs up!

salivate...

yummy!!! 
ohhh...so lazy to watermark d pics..if u used them, plz link back to me at least :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...